Thursday, May 28, 2009

Last day of school

Today was the last day of school for both the kids. Fellan apparently cried and cried today because he's going to have a different teacher next year. He's such a sweet little boy - I think he wanted to give his teacher another hug before leaving, but she was apparently done with that, telling the kids, "No more hugs!" I guess she's happy the year is over too. ???

Anyway, the excitement at Marxo's school was that one of her little classmates fell off the monkey bars this morning and broke her arm! Yikes! Marxo spends nearly ALL her time on the monkey bars these days - she has callouses on her hands. (If I didn't know any better, I'd think that we were forcing her to do hard labor in the fields based on those little hands.) I had no idea that falling into that springy mulch stuff could still break an arm. It's a good thing my husband, a.k.a. "Safety Dad," wasn't there. Marxo would have been banned from the monkey bars for life if he would have actually witnessed the accident.

I finally got the Sears pictures put onto my USB key and brought them to work today. Here's a cute pic of the kids. At the time this was taken (last weekend) one was a kindergartener and one was 1st year pre-school. Now I have a first-grader and a 2nd year preschooler!

1 comment:

mom said...

They'll be off the college before you know it.

Give them a hug - love you, too - mom, a.k.a. G'ma in NE