Friday, October 28, 2005

Smokers don't walk up the escalators

Just something I've noticed over the past few months.

In my office, there are escalators that run just inside one of the main smokers' areas for our building. I have to use these escalators everday. Generally speaking, everyone in our office walks up and down the escalators and considers it to be rude if you stand on the escalator, preventing everyone else from making a speedy floor-change.

But I always look forward to the times when I get behind a smoker on the escalator so that I can stand behind them and be lazy - I have yet to see a smoker who will walk up the escalators. It's nice... except for the nasty smokey smell that you have to deal with being down-wind from them. It's best to stay about 5 steps behind them.

No comments: