Monday, October 12, 2009

The Foot Book

Well, the birthday party was a success, but I don't have the pictures to post yet, so you'll just have to wait a day. (I know, all one of my readers is on the edge of his/her seat!)

The parental and brotherly units left early yesterday afternoon, which meant it was time for us to head home and nap! We all succeeded in the venture, except for Fellan, who never naps unless something is wrong with him.

I take after my father, however, and only nap for about 5 to 10 minutes at a time. So, I sent the husband and Marxo upstairs to get in a good, long nap, and I had my catnap on the couch while Fellan watched a show on Animal Planet about a guy who lives in the wildnerness of Russia and raises orphaned bears. (It was pretty interesting - since I only napped a little while, I caught most of it.)

We hung out for awhile downstairs, but at one point, Fellan went upstairs and got "The Foot Book by Dr. Seuss" and came down to read it to me. He actually read the words and sounded out the ones that he didn't know! And he was sooo proud. :)

He continued to read it after Marxo and the husband came downstairs - right up until the time that Marxo's finishing of the sentences from memory became too annoying for him to handle...

No comments: