Thursday, October 13, 2011

Doing it again...

Well, I'm doing it again.  I've gotten sick of looking at the flab in the mirror and instead of waiting for another contest to come to me (because it seems I'm only motivated by competition!), I've started my own contest here at work.  And I've got 26 other people signed up so far!!!

The contest works like this:
  • Pay $20 to enter the contest
  • Weigh-in every Monday (starting this past Monday)
  • Lose 10% of your body weight by Dec. 19 and win 1/3 of the pot (divided equally between winners)
  • Maintain the weight loss until Jan. 30 and win the remaining 2/3 of the pot (again divided equally)
10% is a pretty aggressive goal, but one that I'm hoping to be able to make in the 10 weeks I have until Dec. 19th.  I did a pretty good job of "bulking up" over the weekend, too, so without trying too hard this week, I've lost about 3 pounds.  :)

Anyway, I'm hoping this will, once again, get me healthy and back to regular exercise.  One thing's for sure - it's forcing me to really keep track of everything that I'm eating.  And I think that's a good thing.

No comments: