Tuesday, January 24, 2012

X304

As you all know, our household is led by two nerdy engineers.  And we're doing our best to make our children nerdy, too.

We have thus far brainwashed the kids into thinking that Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Voyager, Stargate SG-1, and MacGuyver are some of the best television shows ever produced.  But we've been trying to really step it up a notch over the last year or so.

To that end, we have successfully convinced the kids to name our new cats after characters from these shows.  Spot is named after Data's cat from Star Trek: TNG, and Schrödinger is named after Samantha Carter's cat from Stargate SG-1.

We also try to quote these shows regularly to keep the geeky index elevated around our house.  We regularly say "Make it so" like Captain Jean-Luc Picard and "Indeed" like Teal'c and when something needs to be fixed with a fantastically elaborate Rube Goldberg machine involving chemical reactions and duct tape, we make sure to refer to it as being "MacGuyvered".

Now, after such painstaking work, I can finally report that it seems our meticulous plan has worked on Fellan!

Every year each Boy Scout pack hosts a Pinewood Derby for their members and tonight is the deadline for Fellan's pack to submit their cars to be included in the upcoming race.

Fellan and my husband spent Sunday morning dreaming up the design of Fellan's car, which has turned out to be awesome, if I do say so myself!

The X304: sort of a cross between The Enterprise and the X303
It doesn't have the wheels on it yet, and I'm not sure it's the most aerodynamic car out there, but I can't wait to see it in action!!!  It makes my nerdy heart swell with pride.  :)

1 comment:

Larry Sohl said...

..and all I did for Wyatt's scouting boat race was... a boat. I'll have to do a better job channeling my inner-engineer-geekishness.