Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Something

Must... post... something...  I'm fighting against some serious momentum here.  Apathetic momentum, apparently, if there is such a thing!  I just haven't been able to get motivated to get anything posted here.  But I have lots to talk about.

The first thing is that weigh-ins have started again in my weight-loss contest.  There were six people who made it to their goal weight by December 19th (including me), so those six people had to begin reporting weight again to me this past Monday. The rules are that you can not have gained back more than 1% over the holiday break.  Each one of us gained weight, but we were all still below our 9% weight loss numbers.  Whew!

I'm finding it extremely difficult to work exercise back into my life now that I've moved to a different office, however.  My only option is to go running at lunchtime and then not shower afterwards since there's no shower facility here.  I've now done that three times in the six days since I've been here.  Hey, when I say it that way, it sound pretty good!  I've been kicking myself thinking that I've been such a slacker by not working out on Monday and Tuesday this week.

The first day I went running, I tried running about a 3 mile loop around the neighborhood here.  That was dumb.  This area is not really very nice and I felt like at any moment, I might get abducted by people in a Suburban or something.  At one point, I was running through weeds that were 2 feet tall since there was no sidewalk next to the street.  I haven't run that route since.

Today I think I've finally figured out what my exercise routine will be: run up and down the stairs inside the building for 10 minutes and then go out and run up and down the street in front of the building a couple of times.  That gives me about 1.5 miles of running outside.  And the street has a sidewalk.  And it's a fairly high-traffic street, so that if I get accosted, at least someone will see it happen.  You gotta take what you can get, right?

In other news, Santa brought us another cat, and this past Monday, there was a big storm and flooding around town.  I have pictures of both.  But that will have to wait for another post...

No comments: