Friday, September 02, 2005

Life is crazy

This week has been pretty crazy-busy here at work. I stayed up until past midnight on Wednesday, working on some drawings that needed to be done by the next day. Thursday afternoon, they decided those drawings don't need to be done until NEXT Thursday. Ugh.

In the meantime, I've been trying also to keep up with the news from New Orleans. Some of you may know that my in-laws have a place in New Orleans. My MIL left from New Orleans to come over here to Houston on Saturday morning, so everyone is safe and sound here and it sounds like their house may actually be OK, too.

The same thing can't be said for all the people who are still stranded in New Orleans, however, without food and water in the middle of that stinking mess. I hope that someone is able to get their act together and get those people evacuated!

Which brings me back to my thoughts about work. Yesterday as I was working on finishing up these all-important drawings, I thought about how I'm sitting here in the comfort of my office with my hunger satisfied after lunch and a cup of water readily available on my desk while thousands of people are struggling to even stay alive in New Orleans. Life is crazy, eh?

No comments: