Wednesday, September 14, 2005

My Favorite Things

I was thinking back to my youth and thought it would be interesting to compare and contrast some things.

Tasty Treats:
Back then - MacDonald's, fried shrimp, Oreos
Now - Fish sticks, mac-n-cheese, and peas because it's the one meal baby boy will eat.

Fun Activities:
Back then - playing outside, going to grandma's to play with baby kitties, jumping on trampoline
Now - going to bed early, sleeping past 6:30am, taking a nap

My constant companion:
Back then - my blankie (which I slept with until I was in 2nd grade, I think!!)
Now - my breastpump

Books:
Back then - Dragonriders of Pern
Now - books?!

TV Shows:
Back then - Gilligan's Island, Brady Bunch, Dukes of Hazzard, Love Boat
Now - CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, Property Ladder
(this is obviously the only thing I have the energy to do these days, huh?)

Anyone else remember their favorites? Courtney?

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Tasty Treats:
Then- fish sticks & tator tots
Now- field green salad with goat cheese, roasted veggies, olives, pecans

Fun activities:
Then- riding bikes, playing with neighbors
Now- soaking in my bathtub with my ears below the water line so I can't hear anything

My constant companion:
Then- blankie that Mom gave away when I was 6 "to a woman and her child who had no clothes" (really was still in the closet)
Now- thyroid meds

Books:
Then- The Little Princess
Now- Barnyard Dance, Five Little Monkeys, Goodnight Moon

TV Shows:
Then- Brady Bunch, 3-2-1 Contact
Now- CSI, CSI New York, Property Ladder, Survivor, Alias, Lost, Oprah

Got a new catagory-
Favorite invention:
Then- easy bake oven, lite brite
Now- TIVO

Sara said...

I whole-heartedly agree with your new category and your favorites for then and now - except we have DVR, not TIVO. I'm guessing TIVO works better than our DVR, though!

Thanks!
:)