Thursday, April 17, 2008

Kindergarten Round-up

Last night we attended Kindergarten Round-up for our neighborhood school and registered Fellan for school this coming Fall. I can't believe it! He's getting to be so big. :)

I expected the experience to be somewhat painful. We had been told beforehand what we were supposed to bring, but I was sure that whatever we brought would somehow be wrong. I expected that we would be there for hours trying to work through the process and just trying not to make the registrar-people mad. (too many bad experiences from college, perhaps?)

Anyway, it was not painful in the slightest. In fact, they had snacks for everyone, they were friendly, and they even made copies of things that I didn't know I had to have copies of (SS card and driver's license). I was shocked and pleasantly surprised.

One of the reasons we are sending our children to the neighborhood school and not a private school is because we've heard great things about it and we like the idea of sending our kids to a "neighborhood school". All of the kids' friends are going to be within walking distance and he will have a great variety of friends.

So, it seems that people are not lying about the fact that the school is worthwhile. Our first experience with it was definitely pleasant. I'm looking forward to next year.

No comments: