Wednesday, August 26, 2009

An alien was here

We're still having issues with Fellan being afraid of the dark and thinking that there are aliens in the bedroom with him. I had hope earlier this week because he slept through the night on Sunday night without waking up being afraid. But last night was a very bad night.

I heard him calling for Daddy at 1:30am, then again at 3:30am, and eventually my husband had to take the camping pad down to the kids' room and sleep on the floor with Fellan so that he would calm down. The husband says that he's not sure Fellan even slept last night - which I would believe because I thought I heard him chatting with his baby doll when I finally got out of bed at 5:30 this morning.

I guess he's still afraid of aliens. He's at least thinking about them very frequently. This morning, he apparently said, "Well, an alien's definitely been in the bathroom - it smells gross in there." But Marxo immediately fessed up. "I poopy farted* in there." (LOL! Thank goodness there was an explanation, otherwise we'd have to deal with all smells being related to aliens, too...)

*Poopy fart: What we originally called really stinky farts, but has now become the term for all farts in our family. (Doesn't every family come up with a special term for farts?) :)

No comments: