Thursday, December 15, 2011

Ups and Downs and Changes

This past week and a half has been a crazy week of ups and downs and changes.

It all started with my drive to work on Wednesday of last week when I realized that I hate my project so much that I was seriously considering changing companies to get off the project.  I took that as a bad sign and decided to go talk to my department head about the possibility of changing projects or even departments!

He quickly said, "Let's get you off that project tomorrow!"  Well, it didn't (and couldn't) happen that quickly, but I WILL be starting on a new project on Monday of next week and I'm extremely happy about that.  I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders and I'm ready for the challenge of the new work.

I've also had some ups and downs in the weight-loss contest, though, too.  This past Monday when I weighed in, I had gained almost two pounds instead of losing two pounds like I needed to.  That meant I was going to have to lose 5 pounds in the coming week before our final weigh-in on December 19!  I was a little worried.

But, it turns out that most of it was water-weight.  The husband's Christmas party was this past weekend and that involved drinking wine with dinner, plus a friend had a Christmas party over the weekend that involved eating and drinking and I swear whenever I drink alcohol, I retain water for a couple of days afterwards. (plus, it was a bad time of the month...)

This morning when I stepped on the scale, I found that I only have to lose 0.6 pounds to get to my 10% weight loss goal.  I'm so excited, I'm running around telling everyone who will listen.

Tomorrow, I'm supposed to go out shopping with some friends and I'm finally going to be able to buy some new pants for myself.  With the job change and the weight change, I feel like a whole new person.  I really have given myself a Christmas present this year.  Yay, me!  :)

No comments: