Tuesday, December 20, 2011

...and now to MAINTAIN!

Yes!  I made it to my weight-loss goal!  10% of my body weight gone in 10 weeks.  Whew!  Now I just need to try to maintain this weight loss for another month and a half.  I'm hoping by that point, I will be used to knowing what to eat and what not to eat to be able to maintain.  That's the idea, anyway.

The one problem with this plan is that I have to move offices, once again.  And this time, the new office building doesn't have a workout facility at all!  I'm really perplexed about what I'm going to do to continue exercising once I move.  It works best for me to work out at lunchtime these days.  Before work is no good because I'm just not a morning person in the slightest.  After work is no good because I have to cook, clean up, and do laundry.  And after that is no good because, seriously, who has the energy to do anything after that?!

I suppose I could break down and actually pay for a gym membership so that I could go to a gym and work out at lunchtime, but I don't really want to do that.  So, this is going to require some serious brainstorming on my part.  I'll let you know what I come up with.

In the meantime, though, I'm trying to enjoy being sort of skinny again.  I went out with some friends on Friday afternoon and bought myself some new pants and I've worn a new pair to work for the last two days.  Merry Christmas to me!  :)

I'm going to have to really watch myself, though.  Last night, to celebrate, we went to Chuy's and I had a margarita and about two basket-fulls of chips.  And tonight is "date night" with the husband, so I'm sure there will be wine-drinking involved.  And THEN the Christmas holidays will be upon us and much eating and drinking will be included in those activities!  Weigh-ins start again on January 9th and if anyone gains back more than 1%, they're out of the contest.  Sounds like it's going to be a week of gluttony followed by a week of starvation for me!

No comments: