Friday, September 29, 2006

Non-equal billing

I feel bad because I seem to always be complaining and talking about the boy and our trials in potty-training him!

There is another member of our household who just goes about minding her own business and generally being a sweet, kind, contributing member of the family: our baby girl!

So, a post about her is long overdue.

We took this picture back in early July and I've been meaning to post it here since then, but just haven't found the time.
At the time, this was a picture of all her favorite things in the world. Her truck PJ's, her firetrucks and "lamb" (whom she now calls "lambs" because that's the way the nanny says it...).

Since the time this picture was taken, however, she has added her flag shirt and, most recently, a lavendar blanket. She has actually acquired an affinity for several small baby blankets, but the lavendar one seems to be her favorite.

Her birthday is less than 2 weeks away and I'm having trouble believing that she's going to be 2 years old!

On the one hand, it's hard to believe that she could already be that old, and on the other hand, I think of her as being almost the same age as the boy, so it seems that she should really be turning 4!

She has taken quite well to the potty-training, actually, and I guess that's probably most of the reason I think of her as being older. Plus, she's just so chatty and speaks in complete sentences - the only thing that gives her away is her baby-like pronunciation of words. And I tend more to think of that as her northeastern accent (although no one in our family is from the northeast), so it doesn't seem to be so baby-like to me. :)

We've been measuring and marking the kids on one of the doorjambs and over the last 6 months, she's grown 4 inches! I kind of want to stop feeding her so that she'll stop growing and stay this size and age forever. Do you think I could do that?

Most of all, she's just a joy to be around. And even though I don't want her to grow up, I look forward to seeing what kind of a person she'll become. We've still got a fun ride ahead of us.

No comments: