Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Fellan is 6 today

Today is Fellan's 6th birthday. I can't believe he's gotten that old! He'll soon be off to college. (I included that sentence just for my mom because that's what she always says.)

He crashed on his skateboard last week on the way home from my birthday dinner and ended up with a huge scab above his upper lip. My parents and brother were in town for the weekend and my brother actually made him raise his arm at an angle in front of him with his hand straight in line with his arm (try this and see what you end up looking like...) and took a picture of him that way. Poor Fellan, he'll never be able to run for public office if that little gem ever gets out there.

His birthday party went well enough on Saturday, I guess. I think everyone had a good time, but when you have 30 little kids running, biking, and scootering all over the place, it's kind of hard to tell. Or maybe that's just the sign of a good party.

Anyway, I don't have any pictures to post of that, either, because the computer onto which we download our pictures is now at my husband's office and since he doesn't read my blog, he doesn't know that I would like to be posting pictures of these momentous events.

Tonight for his birthday, Fellan requested that we go out to eat at the same restaurant we went to last week. We're forbidding any skateboard-riding tonight because his lip has finally healed enough that he doesn't look like an infamous dictator.

We're hoping, also, that it doesn't rain any more tonight. We had a huge rainstorm this morning that dumped more than 10 inches on the west side of Houston and the bayou's are full to the brim. Around here, it wasn't so bad, but the streets were still flooded. I had to be really creative this morning to get to my office and not stall my car in a flooded street.

One woman from my office said that she got to the area here this morning just before 5am (which, to me, is a feat in and of itself!) and when she got to one flooded intersection, she plowed into it, not knowing it was so deep. Water came up over the hood of her car and onto her windshield. She said that she yelled some expletives, her car somehow stayed running, she made it through, and was able to get to the office. I think I'll go rub her head now and see if I can get some of that luck to transfer onto me.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Happy bday to the little guy!