Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

Today is my birthday - I'm not quite 40. Wow. I'm still old.

So, this morning, the husband got the kids up and they wished me a happy birthday this morning before I left for work. They gave me some ear rings that a friend of ours designs and makes. They're really cool. (of course, I did pick them out - but forgot about them, so I was still pleasantly surprised. Don't they say the mind is the first thing to go?...)

Anyway, I've been meaning to post about our camping trip from Easter weekend, but I still don't have the pictures to post, so I've been putting it off. The camping trip was very fun, even if I can't prove it with pictures. Well, both the kids ended up falling and hitting their heads in different places. Marxo still has a scab at her hairline from where she fell on the blacktop, but Fellan healed up quickly (as he always does). He had a busted lip and a huge chunk of skin taken out of his hand. Good times.

One week from today is Fellan's birthday, so we're having his birthday party this weekend. I couldn't go to sleep last night, thinking about all the things I still need to do for his birthday. I need to make a list so I don't forget everything. At lunch today, I'm going to order the cake, then I need to attempt to go order the balloons and find some goodie-bag chachke...

In other news, I've been actually enjoying being around Fellan for the past week. We started trying to follow the Feingold diet a little over a week ago and while I can't say that he has been a calm and focused child, I noticed that I was just enjoying being around him. Until last night, that is. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with him - he was crashing his toy cars, making loud, guttural noises and I was really doubting the effectiveness of this diet thing. I finally asked him what he ate for a snack in the afternoon. "Honey Nut Cheerios!" Ugh. I hadn't gotten around to taking them out of the pantry. I labeled everything that is acceptable with little tags that say "OK", but apparently in the week since I did that, the idea wore off in the babysitters head...

I'm hoping that he'll recover quickly from this infraction. I want all of us to have a good time for his birthday weekend.

No comments: