Thursday, December 23, 2010

I made it!

I made it, I made it, I maaaaaade it!  I'm dancing a little jig because I can't contain myself!  This morning when I weighed myself, I was down 10.0 pounds.  Then I did it again and it was 10.2 pounds.  Then I made the mistake of trying again, which resulted in my weight loss being only 9.8 pounds, so THEN I had to try again and I was back to 10.0.  I'm calling that a success.  :)

Today is my last day at work for the next 11 days.  I'm so excited to have that much time off.  The last time I had that much time off in a row ...I was on maternity leave.  Yikes.

Our plans for the holiday vacation?  Organize the house.  I know that doesn't sound like much fun - and really, it's not - but I just can't stand the clutter in the house anymore.  The husband hired a professional organizer for me for Christmas and our first session was last Friday.  I have some "homework" to do before she comes back after the New Year, but I'd like to do a little more than just the minimum she asked me to do.  It's such a good feeling to finally be doing something about the "Pit of Despair", as I lovingly refer to our house.

Tomorrow the plan is to finally go to a Mexican restaurant and pig out on chips and margaritas- something we haven't been able to have for the last month.  (way too many calories ...in just one chip!)  Mmmmm...  Chuy's...

P.S.  The husband made it to his goal of 15 pounds lost, too.  Together that's 25 pounds of fat that is now missing from our house.  Yay!!!

2 comments:

deedee said...

Congratulations!
I may try, but after the holidays :)

Sara said...

Thank you! I really can't get over it. I'm sort of overcome with joy!!! :)

And now I'm going to go work out some more. This feeling healthy thing seems to be addictive.