Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sodium is not my friend

I stepped on the scale this morning (just because I like torturing myself) but today I was met with a pleasant surprise: I was three pounds lighter this morning than yesterday morning!  I must have been retaining a lot of water yesterday, I guess.  So, I need to remember next week before the final weigh-in that sodium is not my friend.

Last night was supposed to be our bi-weekly date night, but the nanny couldn't make it, so we spent a quiet evening at home.  It was probably a good thing, too, because Marxo's throat started hurting and she seems to have a swollen tonsil on one side.  We put her to bed and spent the rest of the evening helping Fellan to finish his homework for the week.

You would think, then, that we would have been able to go to bed early, right?  Well, at least, that's what I was fantasizing about.  But, no, we had to pick up the house and put away clothes and wash the towels and finally made it to bed at about 10:30.  I'm still recovering from the weekend, I guess - I'm still tired.

So, I'll be calling the doctor this morning to see if we can get an appointment.  Seems like the kids have been sick a lot this fall...

No comments: