Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Avoiding Illness

Yeah, right. With two small children, there is absolutely no way to avoid illness. Especially when those little petri dishes cough, sneeze, and kiss all over you. Ok, the kissing part is not so bad. I'm willing to endure all kinds of illness if it comes from being kissed by the most adorable little kids around, but I could really do without the coughing and sneezing.

The girl has been sick since Sunday and spent most of the day Sunday coughing and sneezing directly into my face. Nice.

I neti-potted the crap out of my nose, and took bunches of Vitamin C, but it didn't seem to help too much. I caught the cold yesterday. Or, I guess the cold caught me yesterday.

Uh, I guess you might be wondering what I mean by neti-potting. Well, I heard about this on NPR one morning and then my friend Courtney told me that she's been using one for quite awhile, so a couple months ago, I figured, what the heck. Maybe pouring saltwater through my nose could be fun.

Well, it's not, really. But I actually do think that it has kept my cold from being worse than it is. And it has really cleared up my sinuses the last couple of days. In fact, I can't wait to get home and do it again tonight. (seriously, it feels better after I do it)

So, jump on the band wagon - go out and find yourself some non-iodized salt and pour some salt water up your nose. Yee-haw!

No comments: