Tuesday, May 16, 2006

At least the cucumbers are alive...

It's been awhile since I updated you regarding my little container garden! I know, you've all been wondering about it and just assumed that everything died.

However, that's not actually true! The peas seem to live only until they reach a height of about a foot and then the bottom leaves turn yellow and then the whole thing turns yellow and dies. BUT, not before starting a new, live branch off the bottom of the plant. I have no idea what is going on there, but I'm just curious to see how that will turn out.

I have yet to transplant my basil and what I think might be oregano (I didn't label the little pot-things) to outside, so they're growing into odd shapes on my kitchen windowsill.

And I think something ate most of the other little sprouting flower plants that I had out there.

The cucumbers, though, seem to be doing quite well and have even bloomed, which I think means that they might actually grow some little cucumbers. We shall see. In the meantime, here's a picture of my nice, root-confined cucumber plants. :)

No comments: