Monday, August 07, 2006

Not everything is bad

Ok, If you've been following the pooping saga, you may think that the only things I can say about the boy are bad. I'm going to try to rectify that situation now.

Our little boy is the sweetest little guy! His favorite toy is still his baby doll, whom he will tell you almost continuously is "three months old. Isn't she cute?" And then he pulls her close and kisses her on the cheek or on the head. It's very nice.

One night this week, however, when I got home, I saw that he had put her into one of our clear plastic shoe boxes in which we keep some of their toys. And he had the lid on it.

Recently, I've been reading the news coverage about the bombing in Qana and I got a little worried when I saw that the boy had put his baby doll into something that looked like a coffin. I wondered if he had somehow seen something on the news about all the children that were killed.

My fears turned out to be unfounded when I asked (trying to sound nonchalant), "Whatcha doin' with your baby?"

"She's in her Bissonnet." And no matter how many times I tried to get him to call it a "bassinet", he insisted that it was her Bissonnet. (which just happens to be a street here in Houston that we drive on fairly frequently!)

He's very sweet to his baby sister, too. He's pretty rough with her most of the time, but usually when she gets hurt, he'll hug her and kiss her and tell her that he's sorry.

It also never ceases to make me laugh to hear the things that he comes up with. For instance, during our vacation this past February, when we were taking turns skiing, the parent not skiing would take the kids to a sledding park.

The park also happened to be the place that lots of people would bring their dogs to play and many of them would use those thrower-things to throw tennis balls for their dogs to "fetch".

So, after we got back to Houston, we happened to be somewhere that the boy found a tennis ball. And he got really excited. "Look!! A dog ball! Now all we need is one of those thrower-things.... .... .... and a dog!"

Most recently, my favorite thing that he says is "lasterday". I think it means yesterday, depending on the context. :)

So, there you have it. A nice post about my baby boy. But just wait, I'm sure I can come up with something bad soon...

1 comment:

Sharon L. Holland said...

Our toddler is always putting dolls and stuffed animals in boxes of all sizes. Then she declares the doll is baby Jesus and the box is a manger. We end up with "mangers" in every room of the house.