Monday, January 26, 2009

Careful what you wish for

For the past couple of months, Fellan has been waking up in the middle of the night wanting more lights turned on in the hallway outside their room. So, I finally convinced the husband that if we just leave the hallway lights on, we can both get a full night's sleep. (brilliant, eh?! and yet, the husband was reluctant to do this for some reason!...)

Anyway, last night, Fellan said that he was afraid he was going to wake up in the middle of the night and be scared and need to come into our bedroom.

I told him that if he woke up and wanted to, he could come into bed with us and sleep with us. I actually thought it might be nice to have him snuggled up with us in our bed - it's been quite awhile since we've had a night-time visitor.

He came in at about 3:15 this morning and the next two hours seemed like at least ten. For some reason, the kids always choose my pillow to become theirs and I end up teetering on the edge of the bed, willing the alarm clock to go off so that I can escape the kicking.

What was I thinking?!

...but I did still enjoy the cuddles and it does make me feel important that we can make him feel safe. :)

No comments: