Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Symbols

Hi, hello, been a long time, what's new?! Let's just move on to the title of my post. (Tomorrow I'm going to post an exciting update about our Holidays, but I don't have the pictures right now to make said post, so I have to wait.)

Symbols - I went out at lunchtime today to get some more Weight Watchers meals because even though I'm not doing Weight Watchers anymore, I like to know just how many points I'm eating for lunch. For all my other meals, I don't really care.

I also wanted to swing by WalMart to see if they had restocked any of these really cool plates that I wanted to get another set of. (sorry, it just sounds too funny in my head to fix that grammatical error) About three years ago, we bought a different kind of Corelle plates that were fine. Just fine. I really never liked them, but we kind of figured that having a clumsy and destructive (not intentionally so, but hugely destructive nonetheless) little boy, we really needed to invest in something that would be at least break-resistant without resorting to eating every meal off of plasticware.

On a whim about a month ago, I decided to peruse the Corelle website and see if there were any nicer plates out there these days. As soon as I saw these, I showed them to my husband and we decided right then that it would be our quest to find them. Oddly enough, that quest turned out to be much easier than we originally thought because I just happened to find them at our local Walmart about a week later and bought two sets.

Now, why is it that we absolutely had to get these plates? Because the pattern shows an outline of a Reuleaux triangle, of course. And that happens to be one of the symbols of our college.

So, as I was walking to my car, I was thinking about all the other things I have that are symbolic to me. If I was in a car wreck on the way home tonight, they would find me with:
- my peace symbol earrings (new Christmas present!)
- my sorority watch
- my CoExist sticker on my car
- my new "Share the Road Y'all" license plates
- and some "lunch size" Reuleaux triangle plates in the trunk.

I guess that pretty much sums me up.

No comments: