Thursday, January 05, 2006

Two questions

Ok, I've got two questions for you today:

Q1 - What is the most important kitchen appliance to you? The one you just can't do without?

A1 - Allright, you got me - it's the refrigerator. But second and only slightly less important is the microwave. Ours broke on us today. It's amazing to think about all the things you can't do when you don't have a microwave. Like heat up water to warm a bottle, or melt cheese on a sandwich for the kiddos, or heat anything else they might have for lunch or supper.

Can you imagine what it must have been like before the microwave was invented?! I can - when I was growing up, I vividly remember my mother having to re-heat macaroni and cheese in a pot with extra milk in it so that it wouldn't burn to the bottom of the pot. Talk about the dark ages...

I guess we'll get it fixed instead of buying a new microwave, which would then make us have to buy all new appliances because what would be the point of buying a not-in-fashion, non-stainless steel microwave if we were going to buy a new microwave? Then if we had a stainless steel microwave, then we'd need to buy a new oven (they're installed right next to each other, afterall) and then we couldn't have just an oasis of stainless steel in our kitchen, we'd have to re-do the whole thing. So, it makes perfect sense to get the thing fixed for $200 instead of spending thousands to get all new appliances, right? Ugh.

Q2 - Is it worse to get caught a) surfing the internet or b) sleeping when you're supposed to be working?

A2 - I'm not sure, but since I never get caught sleeping at my desk, I'm going to say that's the worse evil. Anyone else have any thoughts?

2 comments:

Courtney said...

#1 appliance- coffee pot!!

Getting caught sleeping must be worse. Everyone surfs.

qisdyf

shara said...

Oh, my beloved coffeemaker. I think I could even manage with an icebox and no microwave as long as I had Mr. Coffee.

Never slept at work, surfed now and then. I suppose it might depend what one was surfing for.