Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Things I don't want to forget

There are so many things that I just don't want to forget about the kids and the things they do at this stage in their lives. Most of it involves how they say things - here are a few that I just really don't want to forget because they are so cute:

The boy:
  • tayel = towel
  • ayel = owl
  • shayer = shower
  • ... and everystuff
  • "What's that body doing?" (apparently he made the leap of logic between "anybody", "everybody", "somebody" to just calling a person a "body")
  • 1, 2, 3, 4, 9, 10!
  • I'm so exciting!! = I'm so excited
  • My knee hurts. I need a van-ate! (bandaid)
  • caterpillar = calculator
  • I'm going biking, I need my headvan (headband)
  • The hair thing - well, this one is not so cute, as much as it is annoying, when he does it to me. Whenever he's tired, his hand goes up to the front of his hair and he starts playing with his hair. This is how he goes to sleep every night. Also, whenever I'm holding him, he continually plays with my hair. He usually ends up getting it twisted around his fingers and pulling out some of my hair, so I'm constantly telling him, "PLEASE don't pull on my hair."
The girl:
  • Since I have been so obsessed with making sure the boy is not color blind and asking him "what color is this?" all the time, the girl has begun to answer. But everything is yellow. It's her favorite thing to say. It comes out, "YYYYEEEELLLLLow!" We oblige her by only holding up things that are yellow and asking her what color it is. At 15 months, she seems to be a genius. :)
  • Whenever she gets excited about something, she flaps her arms up and down as if she's getting ready to take off. She has ALWAYS done this - ever since she was born.
  • Annoying habit of the girl - she's always trying to work her little hands down my shirt, up my sleeve, under my bra, into my armpit, anywhere she can wiggle them into.
I'm sure I have no one to blame but myself for their annoying "hand habits" - it no doubt stems from the fact that I can never keep my hands still. I'm always playing with pens, drumming my fingers, or finding something bumpy (like courderoy) to scratch. I even have a "scratchy thing" that I can sit and scratch for hours. (it's a bumpy strap off of an old backpack of mine)

So, I'm sure I'll think of some more cute things after I post this, but that's all I can come up with now. This may have to be a recurring post.

Oh, before I forget, baby girl finally got her 7th tooth last week - it's on the bottom. Still waiting for the corresponding 8th tooth to make an appearance.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I finally wrote some down that the boy said. Of course the 2nd child is getting the shaft. I should probably record that she always says "I hold you" when she wants you to pick her up.