Sunday, July 30, 2006

First night at the theater - movie theater...

Well, we took the kids to their first movie this past Friday night. We went to see Cars.

Considering the fact that we have many of the Cars toys, as well as books, and therefore already knew the story line and ending of the movie, I thought it was really a good movie. (and I didn't even get to see the whole thing)

The thing I liked about it most, was the "moral" behind the story: respect your elders. (yeah, now I'm considering myself an elder!)

But, I think it's something that our society really tends to overlook these days: Respect for your elders. Heck, respect for anyone!

So, not only is it a well-made kids movie with enough jokes for the parents who watch it, it's really one of those feel-good, choke-you-up, and make you feel silly for getting emotional about talking cars kinds of movies. :) (and the kids liked it, too - Ok, the girl didn't make it through the entire movie, but she liked the 1/3 she saw...)

1 comment:

deedee said...

We liked this movie, too. It really was a good story.