Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th!!!

Happy 4th of July, all! I'm currently enjoying a little quiet time while everyone else in the house is napping. It's truly a wonderful feeling. The boy hasn't napped since last Friday, I think, and his personality has slowly morphed into his over-tired, unable to listen to anything, yet completely maniacal little self. Today the husband and I were at the point where neither of us could stand to be around him. I kept on saying today that I can't wait to start my new job tomorrow - if only for the fact that I won't have to be around him for awhile. Horrible, but true.

So, this afternoon for nap, I sat in his room with him and made him close his eyes so that he would actually sleep. And I've discovered that he's really good at playing possum! A couple of times, I thought he was asleep, and then he would pull the covers down and sit up and look to see if I was still watching him! Yesterday, he actually did psyche me out when I attempted this and after I left the room he started playing and then he pooped his pants.

Today, however, even though it took 40 minutes for him to fall asleep (how can he stay awake like that when he's so incredibly tired?!), he finally did go to sleep and I was able to sneak out and not wake him up.

When he's rested tonight, it should be much better. Whew. :)

No comments: