Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Interesting stage tomorrow in the Tour

Well, tomorrow should be an interesting stage in the Tour de France! It's the first stage that ends in a mountain-top finish and that should show which of the riders is really in contention for the overall win.

Poor Georgie didn't do nearly as well as I had hoped in the Individual Time Trial last Saturday and now has a minute and a half to make up on Floyd Landis, but nothing is definite yet and I'm still hopeful that George will be able to hold his own in the mountains. Now, if only his team would help him out a little...

Of course, I do think it would be cool for Floyd to win the Tour - he's a really nice guy and from the US, and I think it would be great for the Americans to continue dominating the Tour, so I won't root against him, but my heart belongs to Georgie. :)

Tomorrow is also my husband's birthday, so he's looking forward to taking the morning off from work and spending some quality time with OLN. Should be a good day!

No comments: