Saturday, July 15, 2006

Well, I didn't see that coming

It has taken me a full two days to get over the shock of Thursday's Tour de France Stage. Wow. I can't believe how it turned out!

George lost more than 21 minutes on the stage. For those of you who aren't regular bicycle race watchers, that's bad. That's really bad. That's so bad, in fact, that there's pretty much no way that George has a chance to even place in the top 10 this year. I'm in mourning.

On the other hand, Floyd Landis looked really awesome. And that's really good for Floyd.

Today he gave up the yellow jersey to a guy who he's hoping he'll be able to beat in the mountains or the final time trial next week, so we'll see how that works out for him. I hope it does - Floyd's a good guy.

The next big stage should be on Tuesday next week when the finish is on l'Alpe d'Huez. It's going to be a long hard stage and will really be a test to see who is going to make it to the finish in the yellow jersey. I can't wait to see how it plays out!

No comments: