Monday, July 10, 2006

Oh - you say I have a new job?

Oh yeah, I kinda forgot about that - the new job!

This is my first full week at my new job and I guess it's going fairly well. My first day at work, the department head took me to lunch and discussed the plans that he has for me and what project he thinks I would be happy working on. It was quite the change from my old job where it seems that everyone has very little input into their career path and the department just put people where-ever they needed people.

I'm actually working on a "horrible" project, as the department manager referred to it. But it's supposed to be a temporary assignment and I'll be moved to a real project soon. (hopefully this is true - I've heard that line many times from my old employer)

Anyway, so far, so good! I'm enjoying my drastically reduced commute (it's only 2 miles away from our house) and I came home for lunch today with no problems.

The only thing that could possibly be a problem is that this new office has very little storage space. And I need to figure out what to do with the 5 boxes of stuff that I had accumulated at my old job. Looks like I'll be doing some more purging this weekend.

No comments: